D = In Design
B = Bidding
UC = Under Construction
C = Complete
|Health Careers HS||$878,437||$1,194,854||$316,417||C||1|
|Sul Ross MS||$1,052,884||$1,010,164||$-42,720||C||8|
|Locke Hill ES||$3,430,627||$3,720,656||$290,029||C||7|
|Valley Hi ES||$3,058,265||$5,150,820||$2,092,555||C||6|
|Voc Shop Renov||$1,088,555||$1,337,327||$248,772||C||6|
|Allowance - 2001 Bond||$0||$88,915||$88,915||C||0|
1. Increased cost was due to inflation in the construction market well in excess of the conservative 3% rate used in establishing the project budget.
2. The decrease was due to a favorable bid. This project was also in the first group of projects bid. This bid occurred before the onset of excessive inflation.
3. The increase was due to unfavorable site costs
4. This project, scheduled late in the 1998 Bond Program, was merged with an addition/renovation project scheduled early in the 2001 Bond Program. The budget reflects the 1998 funds reserved for the merged project. This budget includes inflation costs. See the 2001 Bond Program for additional cost data.
5. The 1998 Bond Program included funds for two major projects at Marshall HS: renovations to Boys' PE and athletic facilities and HVAC replacements. The HVAC replacements were funded under the "infrastructure" category. They have been completed. The Boys' PE/athletic renovation project, scheduled late in the 1998 Bond Program, was merged with other renovation/addition projects, scheduled early in the 2001 Bond Program (including provision of language labs and an auxiliary gym). The amount shown represents funds from the 1998 Bond Program assigned to the total cost of the merged projects. See the 2001 Bond Program table for additional cost information.
6. Increased cost was due to inflation in the construction market well in excess of the conservative 3% rate used in establishing the project budget. Also, the project was extremely complex, and the true costs were underestimated (even without the impact of inflation).
7. The increase was due to a slightly unfavorable bid.
8. The decrease was due to a slightly favorable bid.
9. The 2001 Bond Program approved by voters included $26,356,540 to address the excessive inflation which impacted projects in the 1998 Bond Program.
10. This project, scheduled late in the 1998 Bond Program, was merged with an addition/renovation project scheduled early in the 2001 Bond Program. The budget reflects the 1998 funds reserved for the merged project. This budget includes inflation costs. See the 2001 Bond Program for additional cost data. Additional funding provides for exterior wall restoration.
11. Savings from project were utilized for this project, which was originally to be funded from earned interest, if available.
12. Due to additional growth in enrollment, some older portables are in need of remodeling in order to extend their service as functional space.